Breaking the silence [electronic resource] : mental health professionals disclose their personal and family experiences of mental illness / edited by Stephen P. Hinshaw
- New York : Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 370 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hinshaw, Stephen P.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- My story is one of loss / Laura B. Mason -- Finding my mind / Ruth White -- A field agent in our midst / Tara Peris -- Laura's story: making sense of and deriving meaning from her life with mental illness / Elizabeth B. Owens -- In my voice: speaking out about mental health and stigma / Jeffrey Liew -- Columbus Day, 1994: a new world / Kay S. Browne -- The meaning of mental health (and other lessons learned) / Marc S. Atkins -- Memories of parental decompensation / Theodore P. Beauchaine -- Weeping mother / Jarralynne Agee -- The game with no rules: a sibling confronts mental illness / Jessica Borelli -- Reverberations / Peter E. Nathan -- He just can't help it: my struggle with my father's struggle with bipolar disorder / Esme A. Londahl-Shaller -- Performing human / Janet Lucas -- The legacy of loss: depression as a family affair / Carolyn Zahn-Waxler -- Closing thoughts: the power of narrative / Stephen P. Hinshaw.
- 9780195320268 (cloth : alk. paper)
0195320263 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19533916