A brief history of Christianity [electronic resource] / Carter Lindberg
- Lindberg, Carter, 1937-
- Oxford, UK ; Malden, MA : Blackwell Pub., 2006.
- Physical Description:
- p. cm.
- Blackwell brief histories of religion
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The responsibility to remember : introduction to the historiography of Christianity -- "The law of praying is the law of believing" -- Sibling rivalry : heresy, orthodoxy, and the ecumenical councils -- The heavenly city : the Augustinian synthesis of biblical religion and Hellenism -- The development of the Medieval papacy -- Faith in search of understanding : Anselm, Abelard, and the beginnings of scholasticism -- The Medieval church -- The Reformations of the sixteenth century -- Pietism and the Enlightenment -- Challenge and response : the church in the nineteenth century -- The Christian churches since World War I.
- 9781405110785 (hardcover : alk. paper), 1405110783 (hardcover : alk. paper), 9781405110471 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 1405110473 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19534087