Building resilience for adaptation to climate change in the agriculture sector [electronic resource] : proceedings of a Joint FAO/OECD Workshop 23-24 April 2012 / edited by Alexandre Meybeck ... [et al.].
- Conference Author:
- Joint FAO/OECD Workshop (2012 : Rome)
- Additional Titles:
- Proceedings of a Joint FAO/OECD Workshop 23-24 April 2012
- Rome : Food And Agriculture Organization Of The United Nations, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 346 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Meybeck, Alexandre, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, and Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Agriculture and climate change: overview -- Risks, vulnerabilities and resilience in a context of climate change -- The assessment of climate change-related vulnerability in the agricultural sector: reviewing conceptual frameworks -- Climate change and animal health -- Climate risk assessment and management in agriculture -- Coping with changes in cropping systems: plant pests and seeds -- Building resilience for adaptation to climate change in the fisheries and aquaculture sector -- Building resilience for adaptation to climate change through sustainable forest management -- A comparative study of risk management in agriculture under climate change -- The assessment of the socio-economic impacts of climate change at household level and policy implications -- The urgency to support resilient livelihoods: FAO Disaster Risk Reduction for Food and Nutrition Security Framework Programme -- Agriculture in National Adaptation Programmes of Action -- The role of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture -- Crop production in a northern climate -- A broad overview of the main problems derived from climate change that will affect agricultural production in the Mediterranean area -- Crop-livestock production systems in the Sahel: increasing resilience for adaptation to climate change and preserving food security -- Rice in Southeast Asia: facing risks and vulnerabilities to respond to climate change -- Perspectives on risk management as climate change adaptation measure in Italian agriculture -- The resiliency of the Canadian crop insurance system under climate change: testing quantitative methods -- Exploring adaptation of agriculture to climate change: policy choices and resiliency -- Towards climate-resilient agriculture: the Dutch touch -- The EU agricultural policy: delivering on adaptation to climate change -- The Swiss climate strategy for agriculture at a glance -- Japanese adaptation policy and the analysis and mapping of impacts under Climate Change for Adaptation and Food Security Project -- Australia's Carbon Farming Initiative -- Agricultural response to a changing climate: the role of economics and policy in the United States of America.
- 9789251073735 and 9251073732
- "The joint workshop on Building resilience for adaptation to climate change in the agriculture sector was organized by FAO and OECD, and was held from 23 to 24 April 2012, at FAO headquarters in Rome."--P. 5.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 19535160