California's fading wildflowers [electronic resource] : lost legacy and biological invasions / Richard A. Minnich
- Minnich, Richard A.
- Berkeley : University of California Press, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 344 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The golden state -- Pre-Hispanic herbaceous vegetation -- Invasion of Franciscan annuals, grazing and California pasture in the nineteenth century -- A century for bromes and the fading of California wildflowers -- Lessons from the Rose Parade -- App.1. Location of Franciscan campsites, Franciscan place names, and modern place names -- App.2. Spanish plant names for California vegetation -- App.3. Selected earliest botanical collections of exotic annual species in California -- App.4. References to wildflowers in the Los Angeles Times, The Desert magazine, and the Riverside Press Enterprise.
- 9780520253537 (cloth : alk. paper)
0520253531 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 323-336) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19536242