Carl Van Vechten and the Harlem Renaissance [electronic resource] : a portrait in black and white / Emily Bernard
- Bernard, Emily, 1967-
- Additional Titles:
- Portrait in black and white
- New Haven [Conn.] : Yale University Press, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 358 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- Pt. 1. A niche somewhere -- Pt. 2. Nigger heaven -- Pt. 3. Letters from Blacks -- Author's note.
- By the time of his death in 1964, Carl Van Vechten had been a far-sighted journalist, a best-selling novelist, a consummate host, an exhaustive archivist, a prescient photographer, and a Negrophile bar non. A white man with an abiding passion for blackness.
- 9780300121995 (cloth : alk. paper)
0300121997 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19537767