Catholic culture in early modern England [electronic resource] / edited by Ronald Corthell ... [et al.].
- Notre Dame, Ind. : University of Notre Dame Press, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 324 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Corthell, Ronald, 1949-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Recusant Catholic spaces in early modern England / Peter Davidson -- Women Catholics and Latin culture / Jane Stevenson -- "Rich embrodered churchstuffe" : the vestments of Helena Wintour / Sophie Holroyd -- A cosmopolitan court in a confessional age : Henrietta Maria revisited / Caroline Hibbard -- Gender and recusant melancholia in Robert Southwell's Mary Magdalene's funeral tears / Gary Kuchar -- Dame Barbara Constable : Catholic antiquarian, advisor, and closet missionary / Heather Wolfe -- "Now I ame a Catholique" : William Alabaster and the early modern Catholic conversion narrative / Molly Murray -- Father John Gerard's object lessons : relics and devotional objects in autobiography of a hunted priest / Anne M. Myers -- The English colleges and the English nation : Allen, Persons, Verstegan, and diasporic nationalism / Mark Netzloff -- The lives of women saints of our contrie of England : gender and nationalism in recusant hagiography / Catherine Sanok -- Anthony Munday's translations of Iberian chivalric romances : Palmerin of England, part 1 as exemplar / Donna B. Hamilton.
- 9780268022945 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0268022941 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19538179