Ceramics and composites processing methods [electronic resource] / edited by Narottam P. Bansal, Aldo R. Boccaccini
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- x, 585 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Bansal, Narottam P. and Boccaccini, A. R. (Aldo R.)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: Preface Densification 1. Sintering: Fundamentals and Practice R. K. Bordia and H. Camacho-Montes 2. The Role of the Electrical Current and Field During Pulsed Electric Current Sintering K. Vanmeemsel, A. Laptev, S. G. Huang, J. Vieugels, and O. Van der Biest 3. Viscous Phase Silicate Processing R. Müller, S. Reinsch Chemical Methods 4. Colloidal Methods R. Moreno 5. Processing and Application of Sol-Gel Glass E. H. Lan and B. Dunn 6. Gel Casting of Ceramic Bodies K. T Faber and N. O. Shanti 7. Polymer Processing of Ceramics E. Ionescu and R. Riedel 8. Chemical Vapor Deposition and Structural Ceramics and Composites T. Goto 9. Chemical Vapor Infiltration (CVI) Processing of Ceramic Matrix Composities A. Lazzeri and B. Cioni 10. Reactive Melt Infiltration Processing of Fiber-Reinforced Ceramic Matrix Composites N. Wali and J.-M. Yang 11. Combustion Synthesis - An Update S. B. Bhaduri Physical Methods 12. Directional Solidification V. M. Orera and J. I. Peña 13. Solid Freeform Fabrication of 3D Ceramic Structures J. E. Smay and J. A. Lewis 14. Microwave Processing of Ceramic and Ceramic Matrix Composite C. Leonelli and P. Veronesi 15. Electrophoretic Deposition M. Cannio, S. Novak, L. Besra, and A. R. Boccaccini 16. Processing of Ceramics by Plasma Spraying R. Vassen .
- "There is increasing interest in the application of ceramic materials in areas as diverse as transport, energy, environment and health. To address this trend, this single-source text supplies information on various processing and fabrication methods for advanced ceramics and ceramic composites with state-of-the-art research on methods, approaches, and techniques available for their processing and fabrication. A must-have for anyone pursuing this field, Processing of Ceramics and Composites tackles innovative technologies advancing the growing need for more reliable ceramic materials"--
"This is a comprehensive handbook of all the processing and fabrication methods for advanced ceramics and ceramic composites. Each chapter in the book is written by specialists and internationally renowned researchers in the field, and provides state-of-the-art research on methods, approaches, and techniques available for processing and fabrication of advanced ceramics and composites. It addresses materials heretofore uncovered by the literature, such as nanoceramics. The book includes a wide range of processing techniques for ceramics and composites, including traditional fabrication routes as well as modern approaches that are being developed to meet the increasing demand for more reliable materials in general"--
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19538679