Challenges of equality [electronic resource] : Judaism, state, and education in nineteenth-century France / Jeffrey Haus
- Haus, Jeffrey
- Detroit : Wayne State University Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 230 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Foundations -- Roadblocks to regeneration -- Redefinition and consolidation -- How much Latin should a rabbi know? -- A tale of two cities: from Metz to Paris -- Challenges of equality: financial anticlericalism -- Jewish education and Jewish space -- "Just proportions": financial anticlericalism and rabbinical space.
- Jewish religious education of adults—France—History—19th century
- Rabbis—Education—France—19th century
- Rabbinical seminaries—France—History—19th century
- Jews—France—Politics and government—19th century
- Jews—France—History—19th century
- Judaism and state—France—History—19th century
- Judaism—France—History—19th century
- 9780814333808 (cloth : alk. paper)
081433380X (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 205-219) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19538881