Challenges to peacebuilding [electronic resource] : managing spoilers during conflict resolution / edited by Edward Newman and Oliver Richmond
- Tokyo ; New York : United Nations University Press, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 329 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Newman, Edward, 1970- and Richmond, Oliver P.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : obstacles to peace processes : understanding spoiling / Edward Newman and Oliver Richmond -- Part I: Spoiling, violence and mediation. Internal and external dynamics of spoiling : a negotiation approach / Karin Aggestam -- Understanding the violence of insiders : loyalty, custodians of peace, and the sustainability of conflict settlement / Marie-Joëlle Zahar -- The linkage between devious objectives and spoiling behaviour in peace processes / Oliver Richmond -- Terrorism as a tactic of spoilers in peace processes / Ekaterina Stepanova -- Spoilers or catalysts? : the role of diasporas in peace processes / Yossi Shain and Ravinatha P. Aryasinha -- "New wars" and spoilers / Edward Newman -- Part II: Cases. Northern Ireland : a peace process thwarted by accidential spoiling / Roger Mac Ginty -- Why do peace processes collapse? : the Basque conflict and the three-spoilers perspective / Daniele Conversi -- Peace on whose terms? : war veterans' associations in Bosnia and Hercegovina / Vesna Bojicic-Dzelilovic -- Spoilers in Colombia : actors and strategies / Carlo Nasi -- The Israeli-Palestinian peace process : the strategic art of deception / Magnus Ranstorp -- Spoiling peace in Cyprus / Nathalie Tocci -- The Abkhazia and South Ossetia cases : spoilers in a nearly collapsed peace process / George Khutsishvili -- Spoilers and devious objectives in Kashmir / Jaideep Saiia.
- 9280811266 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19538896