Changing corporate America from inside out [electronic resource] : lesbian and gay workplace rights / Nicole C. Raeburn
- Raeburn, Nicole C. (Nicole Christine)
- Additional Titles:
- Lesbian and gay workplace rights
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, c2004.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 334 p.
- Additional Creators:
- ebrary, Inc
- Social movements, protest, and contention ; v. 20
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: Corporations as the new frontier for lesbian, gay, and bisexual rights -- The rise of the corporate workplace -- The slowdown in new corporate organizing -- Building and benefiting from the movement -- Winds of change outside corporate walls: external factors influence gay-inclusive policies -- Corporate windows of opportunity: the impact of internal factors on gay-inclusive policies -- Changing the corporation from inside out: the power of employee activism -- Conclusion: movement success, theoretical and practical -- Appendix: The birth of gay employee networks and the adoption of domestic partner benefits.
- 0816639981 (hc : alk. paper) and 081663999X (pb : alk. paper)
- Based on the author's doctoral thesis, State University of Ohio, 2000. and Data gathered from Fortune 1000 companies.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19539035