Children and play [electronic resource] / Peter K. Smith ; with a chapter by Yumi Gosso
- Smith, Peter K.
- Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 256 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- An introduction to play -- A brief history of the study of play, and of play theories -- Animal play : definitions and descriptions -- Animal play : theoretical perspectives on function -- Play in different cultures / Yumi Gosso -- Physical activity play : exercise play and rough-and-tumble -- Object play -- Pretend play : description -- Pretend play : theories and functions -- Some practical issues concerning play -- Concluding comments: Play and the middle way.
- 9780631235217 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780631235224 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -246) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19539831