Citizen employers [electronic resource] : business communities and labor in Cincinnati and San Francisco, 1870-1916 / Jeffrey Haydu
- Haydu, Jeffrey
- Ithaca : ILR Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- x, 268 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: Business ideology and class formation -- Business unity in Cincinnati -- Race and class alignments in San Francisco -- Business citizenship in Cincinnati -- Practical corporatism in San Francisco -- From politics to work : good citizens and model employers in Cincinnati -- From work to politics : representing class in San Francisco.
- Industrial relations—Ohio—Cincinnati—History
- Industrial relations—California—San Francisco—History
- Middle class—Ohio—Cincinnati—History
- Middle class—California—San Francisco—History
- Small business—Ohio—Cincinnati—History
- Small business—California—San Francisco—History
- Labor unions—Ohio—Cincinnati—History
- Labor unions—California—San Francisco—History
- San Francisco (Calif.)—Social conditions
- Cincinnati (Ohio)—Social conditions
- United States—Social conditions—1865-1918
- 9780801446412 (cloth : alk. paper)
0801446414 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 239-259) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19541036