The Civil War in the West [electronic resource] : victory and defeat from the Appalachians to the Mississippi / Earl J. Hess
- Hess, Earl J.
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, c2012.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 392 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- The Littlefield history of the Civil War era
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Spring and summer 1861 -- Fall 1861 -- Fort Henry to Corinth -- Occupation -- The Gulf -- Kentucky and Corinth -- Winter campaigns -- The Vicksburg Campaign and siege -- Occupation and Port Hudson -- From Tullahoma to Knoxville -- Administering the western conquests -- Atlanta -- Behind the lines -- Fall turning point -- The last campaigns -- End game.
- 9780807835425 (cloth : alk. paper)
0807835420 (cloth : alk. paper)
- "This volume of the Littlefield series is devoted to the land and river campaigns that took place in the Western theater of operations--from the Mississippi River eastward to the Appalachian Highlands"--Preface.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19541379