Clinical epidemiology [electronic resource] : how to do clinical practice research / R. Brian Haynes ... [et al.].
- Philadelphia : Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, c2006.
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 496 p. : ill. ; 23 cm. 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Additional Creators:
- Haynes, R. Brian
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Forming research questions -- Conducting systematic reviews -- Finding information about the burden of disease -- An introduction to performing therapeutic trials -- The tactics of performing therapeutic trials -- The principles behind the tactics of performing therapeutic trials -- Performing quality improvement studies -- Evaluating diagnostic tests -- Determining prognosis and creating clinical decision rules -- Assessing claims of causation -- Generating measurements, especially for the quality of life -- Becoming a successful clinician-investigator -- Preparing a research protocol to improve its chances for success -- Collecting data online -- Analyzing data -- Preparing reports for publication and responding to reviewers' comments -- Dealing with the media.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 19541913