Clinical research in oral health [electronic resource] / edited by William V. Giannobile, Brian A. Burt, Robert J. Genco
- Ames, Iowa : Wiley-Blackwell, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 372 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Giannobile, William V., Genco, Robert J., and Burt, Brian A.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: Clinical and Translational Research: Implications in the Promotion of Oral Health / William V. Giannobile -- Ethics in Oral Health Research / Elizabeth B. D. Ripley, Francis L. Macrina -- Responsibilities of Institutions and Individuals in Clinical Research in the Oral Health Sciences / Gary C. Armitage -- Regulatory Process for the Evaluation of Dental Drugs, Devices and Biologics / Darnell Kaigler, Kay Fuller, William V. Giannobile -- Clinical and Translational Research Grantsmanship: Funding Opportunities and Obtaining Research Support /Bruce L. Pihlstrom, Michael L. Barnett -- Data Management in Oral Health Research / Bruce A. Dye, Jules T. Mitchel -- Hypothesis Testing and Avoiding False-Positive Conclusions / Philippe P. Hujoel -- Outcomes in Oral Health Research / Amid I. Ismail -- Examiner Training: Standardization and Calibration in Periodontal Studies / Niklaus P. Lang, Mary P. Cullinan, Douglas W. Holborow, Lisa J.A. Heitz-Mayfield -- Observational Studies in Oral Health Research / Hal Morgenstern, Woosung Sohn -- Initial Clinical Trials Allow Assessment of Safety, Dosing and Preliminary Efficacy Prior to Large Randomized Controlled Pivotal Studies / Jules T. Mitchel, Glen Park, Mark Citron, Russ Pagano, Leslie Wisner-Lynch, Samuel E. Lynch -- Phase III Pivotal Clinical Trials: Clinical Decision-making / Norman S. Braveman, Bryan Michalowicz -- Post-Marketing Surveillance / Eugenio D. Beltrán-Aguilar, Michael C. Manz -- Dental Practice-Based Research Networks / Donald J. DeNucci and the CONDOR Dental Practice-based Research Networks -- The Technology Transfer Process for Life Science Innovations in Academic Institutions / Robert J. Genco -- Adoption of New Technologies for Clinical Practice / Maxwell H. Anderson -- Publication of Research Findings / James Bader -- The Evidence-base for Oral Health / Helen Worthington, Ian Needleman, Anne-Marie Glenny.
- "Clinical Research in Oral Health surveys the essentials of clinical research in oral health, anchoring these principles within the specific context of the oral health arena. Addressing research questions exclusively applicable to dentistry and oral health, the book thoroughly illustrates the principles and practice of oral health clinical research. Clinical Research in Oral Health also clarifies the framework of regulatory issues and presents emerging concepts in clinical translation, relating the research principles to clinical improvement"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780813815299 (hardback : alk. paper)
0813815290 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19541990