The co-operative movement and communities in Britain, 1914-1960 [electronic resource] : minding their own business / Nicole Robertson
- Robertson, Nicole
- Farnham, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- 251 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The co-operative movement in Britain -- Co-operative retail societies and the community -- The ideology behind the shop front -- The social-cultural milieu of the co-operative movement -- "We seek to provide food for the mind": the educational work of co-operative societies -- Protecting the consumer -- The co-operative movement and political action -- Workers and consumers in partnership?: the co-operative movement as an employer of labour -- Conclusion.
- 9780754660576 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19542209