The company he keeps [electronic resource] : a history of white college fraternities / Nicholas L. Syrett
- Syrett, Nicholas L.
- Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 412 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Gender and American culture
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Camaraderie and resistance : the founding and function of college fraternities -- The sacred, the secular, and the manly -- Very fraternally yours : national brotherhood in the nineteenth century -- Greeks and barbs : social class and the rise of the fraternity in the postbellum years -- Fussers and fast women : fraternity men in the 1920s -- Democracy, drinking, and violence : post-World War II fraternities.
- 0807832537 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780807832530 (cloth : alk. paper)
0807859311 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780807859315 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 373-400) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19544033