Company towns in the Americas [electronic resource] : landscape, power, and working-class communities / edited by Oliver J. Dinius and Angela Vergara
- Athens, Ga. : University of Georgia Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 241 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Dinius, Oliver J. (Oliver Jürgen) and Vergara, Angela, 1972-
- Geographies of justice and social transformation
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Company towns in the Americas : an introduction / Oliver J. Dinius and Angela Vergara -- Social engineering through spatial engineering : company towns and the geographical imagination / Andrew Herod -- From company towns to union towns : textile workers and the revolutionary state in Mexico / Aurora Gómez-Galvarriato -- The port and city of Santos : a century-long duality / Fernando Teixeira da Silva -- Whitened and enlightened : the Ford Motor Company and racial engineering in the Brazilian Amazon / Elizabeth Esch -- The making of a federal company town : Sunflower Village, Kansas / Christopher W. Post -- Glory days no more : Catholic paternalism and labor relations in Brazil's Steel City / Oliver J. Dinius -- Borders, gender, and labor : Canadian and U.S. mining towns during the Cold War era / Laurie Mercier -- El Salvador : a modern company town in the Chilean Andes / Eugenio Garcés Feliú and Angela Vergara -- Labor and community in postwar Argentina : the agro-machinery industry in Firmat, Santa Fe / Silvia Simonassi.
- 9780820333298 (hardcover : alk. paper), 0820333298 (hardcover : alk. paper), 9780820336824 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 0820336823 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19544044