Conventional choices [electronic resource] : Maritime leadership politics / Ian Stewart and David K. Stewart
- Stewart, Ian, 1953 July 2-
- Vancouver : UBC Press, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 305 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Choosing leaders -- The conventions -- From J. Buchanan to A. Buchanana: candidates and voters -- Tourists or partisans? Political background and leadership election engagement -- Leadership election support patterns: friends and neighbours? -- Town versus country: urban-rural divisions -- Brothers and sisters? Gender-based voting at party conventions -- Inter- and intraparty attitudinal differences -- Rebels without a cause? Supporters of fringe candidates -- Going my way? "Delivering" votes after the first ballot -- Prince Edward Island and the garden myth -- New Brunswick: the politics of language -- Nova Scotia: the challenge of social democracy -- The end of the affair? Political scientists and the delegated convention -- Conclusion -- Appendix: Leadership election profiles for Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island.
- 9780774813419 ($85.00)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -295) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19546774