Corporate social responsibility and the state [electronic resource] : international approaches to forest co-regulation / Jane Lister
- Lister, Jane
- Vancouver : UBC Press, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 282 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Co-regulating corporate social responsibility -- Government's role in forest certification -- Canada : government authority in forest certification -- United States : enhanced governance of certified state forests -- Sweden : public/private forest policy interplay and innovation -- Conclusion -- Research interviews -- The leading global forest certification programs -- Summary of US state forest agency interviews -- US state forest certification audit outcomes.
- "Public concern about worsening global environmental and social conditions has led to skepticism about the efficacy of voluntary corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs, and to pressure for governmental CSR engagement. One of the first studies to investigate the role of the state in CSR, this book provides insight into the new governance model of private-public co-regulation emerging around the globe. Examining forest certification in Canada, the US, and Sweden, Lister draws on extensive interviews with experts to offer unique evidence on CSR governance, ultimately arguing the importance of CSR as a supplement to rather than a substitute for state regulation"--Publisher description.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -269) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19547272