The corporate university handbook [electronic resource] : designing, managing, and growing a successful program / Mark Allen, editor
- New York : AMACOM, c2002.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 278 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Allen, Mark, 1959-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: Introduction: What Is a Corporate University, and -- Why Should an Organization Have One? -- Mark Allen, Ph.D., Director of Executive Education, -- Pepperdine University -- Part 1: Designing a Corporate University -- Chapter 1: Creating a Corporate University: -- Diary of a Launch -- Mike Morrison, Ph.D., Dean, University of Toyota -- Chapter 2: Running a Corporate University Like a Business: -- A Financial Model -- Jim Moore, Consultant andformer Director, -- SunU, Sun Microsystems -- Chapter 3: Corporate University Structures -- That Reflect Organizational Cultures -- Karen Barley, Vice President, Corporate University -- Enterprise -- Chapter 4: The Corporate University as a Strategic Lever: -- Integrating the Strategic Objectives of the Firm with the -- Desired Outcomes of the Corporate University -- Tom McCarty, Director of Consulting, Motorola University -- Chapter 5: Strategic Partnerships for Corporate Universities -- Mark Allen, Ph.D. -- Part 2: Managing a Corporate University -- Chapter 6: Best Practices in Corporate Universities -- Robert M. Fulmer, Ph.D., Professor of Management, -- Pepperdine University -- Chapter 7: The Corporate University Training Function -- Linda H. Lewis, Senior Vice President, Learning and -- Education, Charles Schwab -- Chapter 8: Using Technology to Enhance Learning in -- Corporate Universities -- Brandon Hall, Ph.D., Consultant and President, -- brandonhall.com -- Chapter 9: Measurement in Corporate University Learnin -- Environments: Is It Gonna Show? Do We Wanna Know? -- Laree Kiely, Ph.D., Consultant andformer Professor, -- University of Southern California -- Chapter 10: Measuring ROI in Corporate Universities: -- Death of the Student Day and Birth of Human Capital -- Matt Barney, Ph.D., Director, Performance Excellence anc -- Measurement, Motorola University -- Part 3: International Perspectives -- Chapter 11: Corporate Universities in Europe -- Annick Renaud-Coulon, Author and Consultant, Paris -- Chapter 12: Corporate Universities in Australia and -- Southeast Asia -- Ian Dickson, Ph.D., Deakin University, Australia -- Conclusion: Whither Corporate Universities? -- Mark Allen, Ph.D. -- Index 269 -- About the Authors 273.
- 0814407110 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 263-268) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19547291