Corruption as an empty signifier [electronic resource] : politics and political order in Africa / by Lucy Koechlin
- Koechlin, Lucy
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 283 p. : ill., map ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Corruption, politics, and Africa -- 1. The academic discourse: political order and corruption in Africa -- 2. Sketching out an emancipatory discourse: corruption, political spaces and social imaginaries -- Interlude: a topography of corruption in Tanzania -- 3. Democratic spaces in the making? Professional associations and corruption in 2003 -- 4. Closures of democratic spaces? Professional associations and corruption in 2010 -- Conclusions: Corruption, politics, and political order.
- 9789004249998 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -280) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19547380