The counselor and the law [electronic resource] : a guide to legal and ethical practice / Anne Marie "Nancy" Wheeler, JD and Burt Bertram, EdD
- Wheeler, Anne Marie, 1954-
- Alexandria, VA : American Counseling Association, 
- Seventh edition.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 354 pages ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Bertram, Burt
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The counseling profession -- The counseling relationship -- Overview of law and ethics -- Civil malpractice liability, licensure board complaints, and criminal actions -- Confidentiality, privilege, and HIPAA privacy -- Duties to report, warn, and/or protect -- Communication technology and social media -- Suicide and threats of harm to self -- Professional boundaries -- Records and documentation -- Managing your counseling practice -- Counselor educators and clinical supervisors.
- 9781556203503 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 273-285) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19547604