The crime of my very existence [electronic resource] : Nazism and the myth of Jewish criminality / Michael Berkowitz
- Berkowitz, Michael
- Berkeley : University of California Press, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- xxix, 321 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- The S. Mark Taper Foundation imprint in Jewish studies
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Above suspicion? : facts, myths, and lies about Jews and crime -- The construction of "Jewish criminality" in Nazi Germany -- The self-fulfilling prophecy of the ghettos -- Inverting the innocent and the criminal in concentration camps -- Re-presenting Zionism as the apex of global conspiracy -- Lingering stereotypes and Jewish displaced persons -- Jewish DPs confronting the law : prescriptions, self-perceptions, and pride of self-control.
- 9780520251120 (cloth : alk. paper), 0520251121 (cloth : alk. paper), 9780520251144 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 0520251148 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19548541