Criminal law reform and transitional justice [electronic resource] : human rights perspectives for Sudan / edited by Lutz Oette
- Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- p. cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Oette, Lutz
- International and comparative criminal justice
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Law reform in times of peace processes and transitional justice : the Sudanese dimension / Lutz Oette -- Criminal law reform and human rights in African and Muslim countries with particular reference to Sudan / Abdelsalam Hassan Abdelsalam and Amin M. Medani -- A legacy of institutionalized repression : criminal law and justice in Sudan / Amin M. Medani -- Challenging the ugly face of criminal laws in East Africa : repressive legislation and human rights in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania / Jamil Ddamulira Mujuzi -- At the state's mercy : arrest, detention and trials under Sudanese law / Nabil Adib -- Some reflections on law reform pertaining to arrested, detained and accused persons in South Africa / P.J. Schwikkard -- The prosecution of international crimes under Sudan's criminal and military laws : developments, gaps and limitations / Mohamed Abdelsalam Babiker -- The implementation of international criminal law in Arab states : the Jordanian experience / Ibrahim Aljazy -- Lessons from a state of flux : the international justice laboratory of the Great Lakes Pact / Deirdre Clancy -- Gendered justice : women and the application of penal laws in the Sudan / Asma Abdel Halim -- Through the looking glass : the emergence, confused application and demise of Pakistan's Hudood rape laws / Sohail Akbar Warraich -- Sexual violence and the law : comparative legislative experiences in selected Southern African countries / Rashida Manjoo, Gift Kweka and Suzzie Onyeka Ofuani -- Future perspectives : debating criminal law reform and human rights in Sudan (kampala, 1-3 March 2010) / Lutz Oette.
- 9781409431008 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19548704