Critical care manual of clinical procedures and competencies [electronic resource] / edited by Jane Mallett, John W. Albarran, Annette Richardson
- Chichester, West Sussex : John Wiley & Sons, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- p. ; cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Mallett, Jane, RGN, Albarran, John W., and Richardson, Annette
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Scope and delivery of evidence based care / John W. Albarran and Annette Richardson -- Competency based practice / Julie Scholes, Jo Richmond, and Jane Mallett -- Recognising and managing the critically ill and 'at risk' patient on a ward / Mandy Odell -- Admitting a critically ill patient / Vanessa Gibson and Karen Hill -- Assessment, monitoring, and interventions for the respiratory system / Maureen Coombs ... [et al.] -- Monitoring of the cardiovascular system : insertion and assessment / Alan T. Platt, Sarah Conolly, Jonathan Round -- Titration of inotropes and vasopressors / Kirsty Rutledge -- Assessment and support of hydration and nutrition status and care / Kirsty Rutledge, Ian Nesbitt -- Continuous renal replacement therapies : assessment, monitoring and care / Annette Richardson, Jayne Whatmore -- Assessment and monitoring of analgesia, sedation, delirium, and neuromuscular blockade levels and care / Nicola Rudall, Phil Laws -- Assessment and monitoring of neurological status / Margaret A. Douglas, Sarah E.C. Platt -- Assessment and care of tissue viability and mouth and eye hygiene needs / Philip Woodrow, Judy Elliott, Pauline Beldon -- Assessment of sleep and sleep promotion / Annette Richardson, Micheala Allsop, Elaine Coghill -- Physical mobility and exercise interventions for critically ill patients / D.J. McWilliams, Amanda Thomas -- Transfer of the critically ill patient / Andrew Baker, Simon M. Whiteley -- Rehabilitation from critical illness / Catherine I. Plowright, Christina Jones -- Withdrawal of treatment and end of life care for the critically ill patient / Natalie A. Pattison -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation / Jackie S. Younker and Jasmeet Soar.
- 9781405122528 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19548867