The Daily show and rhetoric [electronic resource] : arguments, issues, and strategies / edited by Trischa Goodnow
- Lanham, Md. : Lexington Books, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 259 p. ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Knapp, Trischa Goodnow
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction -- The Nature of the Beast. The Arete of Amusement: An Aristotelian Perspective on the Ethos of The Daily Show / Jonathan E. Barbur and Trischa Goodnow -- Before and After The Daily Show: Freedom and Consequences in Political Satire / Robert N. Spicer -- Cramer vs. (Jon Stewart's Characterization of) Cramer: Image Repair Rhetoric, Late Night Political Humor, and The Daily Show / Josh Compton -- Arguments. The (Not-So) Laughable Political Argument: A Close-Textual Analysis of The Daily Show With Jon Stewart / John W. Self -- Models of Democratic Deliberation: Pharmacodynamic Agonism in The Daily Show / Kelly Wilz -- Purifying Laughter: Carnivalesque Self-Parody as Argument Scheme in The Daily Show with Jon Stewart / Aaron Hess -- The Voice of the People: Jon Stewart, Public Argument, and Political Satire / Ryan McGeough -- Strategies. We Frame to Please: A Preliminary Examination of The Daily Show's Use of Frames / Penina Wiesman -- Breaking News: A Postmodern Rhetorical Analysis of The Daily Show / Aaron Hess -- Visual Aspects of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart / Lawrence J. Mullen -- Issues. Gaywatch: A Burkean Frame Analysis of The Daily Show's Treatment of Queer Topics / C. Wesley Buerkle -- Modern Hebrew Prophets?: The Daily Show and Religious Satire / Brian T. Kaylor -- The Daily Show and Barack Obama's Comic Critique of Whiteness: An Intersection of Popular and Political Rhetoric / Stephanie M. Purtle and Timothy R. Steffensmeier.
- 9780739150023 (cloth : alk. paper)
0739150022 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780739150030 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0739150030 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19550913