Death's dream kingdom [electronic resource] : the American psyche since 9-11 / Walter A. Davis
- Davis, Walter A. (Walter Albert), 1942-
- London ; Ann Arbor, MI : Pluto Press, c2006.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 279 p. ; 23 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Preface : the way we were -- 911, America -- Living in death's dream kingdom : the psychotic core of capitalist ideology -- Passion of the Christ in Abu Ghraib -- Weapons of mass destruction found in Iraq -- A humanistic response to 9-11 : Robert Jay Lifton, or the nostalgia for guarantees -- A postmodernist response to 9-11 : Slavoj Žižek, or the Jouissance of an abstract Hegelian -- Bible says : the psychology of Christian fundamentalism -- The psychodynamics of terror -- Evil : as psychological process and as philosophic concept -- Men of good will : toward an ethic of the tragic.
- 074532469X (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19551869