The decolonized eye [electronic resource] : Filipino American art and performance / Sarita Echavez See
- See, Sarita Echavez
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- xxxiv, 210 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 23 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: Foreign in a domestic sense -- Staging the sublime. An open wound : Angel Shaw and Manuel Ocampo -- A queer horizon : Paul Pfeiffer's disintegrating figure studies -- Pilipinos are punny, Freud is Filipino. Why Filipinos make pun(s) of one another : the Sikolohiya/psychology of Rex Navarrete's stand-up comedy -- "He will not always say what you would have him say": loss and aural (be)longing in Nicky Paraiso's House/boy -- Conclusion: Reanne Estrada, identity, and the politics of abstraction.
- 9780816653188 (hc : alk. paper)
9780816653195 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0816653186 (hc : alk. paper)
0816653194 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 177-188) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19552075