Demanding respect [electronic resource] : the evolution of the American comic book / Paul Lopes
- Lopes, Paul Douglas
- Philadelphia : Temple University Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- xxv, 232 p. ; 23 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The early industrial age I: pulp logic and the rise of the American comic book -- The early industrial age II: the crusade against comic books and the end of the comic book boom -- The late industrial age: the return of the superhero and the first comic book rebellion -- From the late industrial age to the heroic age: comic book fandom and the mainstream pulp rebellion -- The heroic age II: alternative comics and a rebellion from the margins -- The heroic age III: new movements, winning respect and the rise of the graphic novel -- Conclusion: The development of an art form.
- 9781592134427 (cloth : alk. paper), 9781592134434 (pbk. : alk. paper), 1592134424 (cloth : alk. paper), and 1592134432 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -219) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19552547