Depression and narrative [electronic resource] : telling the dark / edited by Hilary Clark
- Albany : SUNY Press, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 262 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Clark, Hilary Anne, 1955-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- My symptoms, myself : reading mental illness memoirs for identity assumptions / Jennifer Radden -- The language of madness : representing bipolar disorder in Kay Redfield Jamison's An unquiet mind and Kate Millett's The loony-bin trip / Debra Beilke -- Winter tales : comedy and romance story-types in narratives of depression / Brenda Dyer -- "Repenting prodigal" : confession, conversion, and shame in William Cowper's Adelphi / Hilary Clark -- Leonid Andreev's construction of melancholy / Frederick H. White -- Storying sadness : representations of depression in the writings of Sylvia Plath, Louise Glück, and Tracy Thompson / Suzanne England, Carol Ganzer, and Carol Tosone -- "Addiction got me what I needed" : depression and drug addiction in Elizabeth Wurtzel's memoirs / Joanne Muzak -- Narrating the emotional woman : uptake and gender in discourses on depression / Kimberly Emmons -- Fact sheets as gendered narratives of depression / Linda M. McMullen -- A dark web : depression, writing, and the Internet / Kiki Benzon -- A meditation on depression, time, and narrative peregrination in the film The hours / Diane R. Wiener -- Therapy culture and TV : The Sopranos as a depression narrative / Deborah Staines -- For the relief of melancholy : the early Chinese novel as antidepressant / Andrew Schonebaum -- Manic-depressive narration and the hermeneutics of countertransference : Coleridge's The rime of the ancient mariner / Mark A. Clark -- Writing self/delusion : subjectivity and scriptotherapy in Emily Holmes Coleman's The shutter of snow / Sophie Blanch -- Depressing books : W.G. Sebald and the narratives of history / Eluned Summers-Bremner.
- 9780791475690 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 0791475697 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19552915