Determined to succeed? [electronic resource] : performance versus choice in educational attainment / edited by Michelle Jackson
- Stanford, California : Stanford University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 347 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Jackson, Michelle Victoria
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction : how is inequality of educational opportunity generated? : the case for primary and secondary effects / Michelle Jackson -- Primary and secondary effects : some methodological issues / Christiana Kartsonaki, Michelle Jackson and David R. Cox -- Inequality in transitions to secondary school and tertiary education in Germany / Martin Neugebauer, David Reimer, Steffen Schindler and Volker Stocké -- How social background affects educational attainment over time in the Netherlands / Charlotte Büchner and Rolf van der Velden -- Academic achievement, tracking decisions and their relative contribution to educational inequalities : change over four decades in France / Mathieu Ichou and Louis-André Vallet -- Social origin inequalities in educational careers in Italy : performance or decision effects? / Dalit Contini and Andrea Scagni -- Ever declining inequalities? : transitions to upper secondary and tertiary education in Sweden, for the 1972-1990 birth cohorts / Frida Rudolphi -- Dentist, driver, or dropout? : family background and secondary education choices in Denmark / Anders Holm and Mads Meier Jaeger -- Social background and educational transitions in England / Michelle Jackson -- Class origins, high school graduation, and college entry in the United States / Stephen L. Morgan, Michael W. Spiller and Jennifer J. Todd -- Why does inequality of educational opportunity vary across countries? : primary and secondary effects in comparative context / Michelle Jackson and Jan O. Jonsson.
- 9780804783026 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19553419