Dietary supplements [electronic resource] : a framework for evaluating safety / Committee on the Framework for Evaluating the Safety of Dietary Supplements, Food and Nutrition Board, Board on Life Sciences
- Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, c2005.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 506 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Committee on the Framework for Evaluating the Safety of Dietary Supplements
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Approaches used by others and existing safety frameworks -- The framework -- Categories of scientific evidence--human information and data -- Categories of scientific evidence--animal data -- Categories of scientific evidence--information about related substances -- Categories of scientific evidence--in vitro data -- Interactions -- Vulnerable groups and prevalence of use -- Scientific principles for integrating and evaluating the available data -- Applying the framework: case studies using the prototype safety monographs -- Factors influencing use of the safety framework -- Findings and recommendations.
- 0309091101 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19554339