Dignity and defiance [electronic resource] : stories from Bolivia's challenge to globalization / edited by Jim Shultz and Melissa Crane Draper
- Berkeley : University of California Press, c2008.
- Physical Description:
- x, 341 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Shultz, Jim and Draper, Melissa
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction / Melissa Crane Draper and Jim Shultz -- The Cochabamba water revolt and its aftermath / Jim Shultz -- A river turns black : Enron and Shell spread destruction across Bolivia's highlands / Christina Haglund -- Oil and gas : the elusive wealth beneath their feet / Gretchen Gordon and Aaron Luoma -- Lessons in blood and fire : the deadly consequences of IMF economics / Jim Shultz -- Economic strings : the politics of foreign debt / Nick Buxton -- Coca : the leaf at the center of the war on drugs / Caroline S. Conzelman ... [et al.] -- Workers, leaders, and mothers : Bolivian women in a globalizing world / Melissa Crane Draper -- And those who left : portraits of a Bolivian exodus / Lily Whitesell.
- 9780520256989 (cloth : alk. paper)
0520256980 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780520256996 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0520256999 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 301-336) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19554682