Diplomatic departures [electronic resource] : the Conservative era in Canadian foreign policy, 1984-93 / edited by Nelson Michaud and Kim Richard Nossal
- Additional Titles:
- Conservative era in Canadian foreign policy, 1984-93
- Vancouver : UBC Press, c2001.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 326 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Michaud, Nelson, 1960- and Nossal, Kim Richard
- Canada and international relations, 0847-0510 ; 14
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The Conservative era in Canadian foreign policy, 1984-93 / Nelson Michaud and Kim Richard Nossal -- Architects or engineers?: the Conservatives and foreign policy / Denis Stairs -- Leaving the past behind: the free trade initiative assessed / Brian W. Tomlin -- Continental drift: energy policy and Canadian-American relations / Tammy L. Nemeth -- Shades of grey in Canada's greening during the Mulroney era / Heather A. Smith -- A northern foreign policy: the politics of ad hocery / Rob Huebert -- Big eyes and empty pockets: the two phases of Conservative defence policy / Norrin M. Ripsman -- The Conservative approach to international peacekeeping / Manon Tessier and Michel Fortmann -- Mulroney's international "Beau Risque": the golden age of Québec's foreign policy / Luc Bernier -- Explaining Canada's decision to join the OAS: an interpretation / Gordon Mace -- Good global governance or political opportunism?: Mulroney and UN social conferences / Andrew F. Cooper -- How exceptional?: reassessing the Mulroney government's anti-apartheid "crusade" / David R. Black -- Liberal internationalism for Conservatives: the good governance initiative / Paul Gecelovsky and Tom Keating -- The Conservatives and foreign policy making: a foreign service view / J.H. Taylor -- Adding women but forgetting to stir: gender and foreign policy in the Mulroney era / Claire Turenne Sjolander -- Ethnic groups and Conservative foreign policy / Roy Norton -- Bureaucratic politics and the making of the 1987 defence white paper / Nelson Michaud -- Opening up the policy process: does party make a difference? / Kim Richard Nossal -- Diplomatic departures?: assessing the Conservative era in foreign policy / Nelson Michaud and Kim Richard Nossal.
- 0774808640 (acid-free paper)
- "Most of the chapters in this volume were initially presented at a conference ... organized in Hull in November 1999"--P. [xiii].
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -315) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19554811