Disciplining Germany [electronic resource] : youth, reeducation, and reconstruction after the Second World War / Jaimey Fisher
- Fisher, Jaimey
- Detroit : Wayne State University Press, c2007.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 375 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Kritik: German literary theory and cultural studies
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Youth, memory, and guilt in early postwar Germany -- Hitler's youth? The Nazi "revolution" as youth uprising -- The Jugendproblem (youth problem): youth and reeducation in the early postwar public sphere -- Germany's youthful "catastrophe": guilt and modernity in the early postwar period -- Modernity's better others: youth in Jaspers's postwar university and Wiechert's reconstructive agenda -- Children of the rubble: youth, pedagogy, and politics in early DEFA films -- Reconstructing film in the western zones: stars of youthful sexuality -- Conclusion: Mobilizing youth for the Cold War.
- 9780814333297 (hardcover : alk. paper)
081433329X (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 331-360) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19555086