Distant provinces in the Inka empire [electronic resource] : toward a deeper understanding of Inka imperialism / edited by Michael A. Malpass and Sonia Alconini
- Iowa City : University of Iowa Press, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- x, 355 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Malpass, Michael Andrew and Alconini Mujica, Sonia
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Provincial Inka studies in the twenty-first century / Michael A. Malpass and Sonia Alconini -- Archaeobotany of Cerro del Inga, Chile, at the southern Inka frontier / Jack Rossen, María Teresa Planella, and Rubén Stehberg -- An archaeological perspective on the Inka provincial administration of the south-central Andes / Calógero M. Santoro ... [et al.] -- Yampara households and communal evolution in the southeastern Inka peripheries / Sonia Alconini -- Living under the imperial thumb in the northern Calchaquí Valley, Argentina / Félix A. Acuto -- Forms of imperial control and the negotiation of local autonomy in the Cinti Valley of Bolivia / Claudia Rivera Casanovas -- The organization of Inka silver production in Porco, Bolivia / Mary Van Buren and Ana María Presta -- A bioarchaeological approach to the search for Mitmaqkuna / Susan J. Haun and Guillermo A. Cock Carrasco -- The socioeconomic and ideological transformation of Farfán under Inka rule / Carol Mackey -- Inkas and Yumbos at Palmitopamba in northwestern Ecuador / Ronald D. Lippi and Alejandra M. Gudiño -- Toward a better understanding of Inka provincialism / Sonia Alconini and Michael A. Malpass.
- Incas—Politics and government—Congresses
- Imperialism—History—To 1500—Congresses
- Colonies—Administration—History—To 1500—Congresses
- Regionalism—South America—History—To 1500—Congresses
- Human geography—South America—History—To 1500—Congresses
- Incas—Social conditions—Congresses
- Elite (Social sciences)—South America—History—To 1500—Congresses
- Social control—South America—History—To 1500—Congresses
- South America—Ethnic relations—Congresses
- 9781587298691 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1587298694 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Chiefly papers presented at the 2004 Society for the American Archaeology annual meeting held in Montreal.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19555439