Diversity and difference in early modern London [electronic resource] / Jacob Selwood
- Selwood, Jacob
- Farnham, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 214 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Setting the stage : finding a place in early modern London -- "No better than conduit pipes" : occupational practice and the creation of difference -- "English-born reputed strangers" : birth and descent in theory and practice -- Jewish immigration in an anti-stranger context -- The Islamic world, captivity and difference.
- Geschichte 1500-1700
- Ethnic groups—England—London—History—16th century
- Ethnic groups—England—London—History—17th century
- Minorities—England—London—History—16th century
- Minorities—England—London—History—17th century
- Immigrants—England—London—History—16th century
- Immigrants—England—London—History—17th century
- Aliens—England—London—History—16th century
- Aliens—England—London—History—17th century
- London (England)—Emigration and immigration
- 9780754663751 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0754663752 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19555540