Diversity research and policy [electronic resource] : a multidisciplinary exploration / edited by Steven Knotter ... [et al.].
- Additional Titles:
- Multidisciplinary exploration
- Amsterdam : Pallas Publications, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- 248 p. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Knotter, Steven
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Diversity and social anthropology / Zdenek Uherek -- Diversity and sociology / Emilio Gardini -- Diversity and criminology / Vanja Stenius -- Diversity and ecology/ecological economics / Peter Nijkamp & Paolo A.L.D. Nunes -- Linguistic diversity / Jasone Cenoz, Durk Gorter & Kathleen Heugh -- Diversity and architecture / Hisham Elkadi & Mirjana Lozanovska -- Diversity and urban planning / John Betancur & Tüzin Baycan-Levent -- Diversity and economics / Lena Tsipouri & Tonia Damvakeraki -- Diversity and diversity management in business and organisation studies / Kiflemariam Hamde ... [et al.] -- Diversity and (organisational) psychology / Myriam Bechtoldt -- Diversity and law / Elena Dingu-Kyrklund & Linus Kyrklund -- Diversity and public policy / Lena Tsipouri, Rob De Lobel & Steven Knotter.
- "Diversity Research and Policy: A Multidisciplinary Exploration provides insight into the role diversity plays in a wide range of academic disciplines, such as anthropology, sociology, psychology, economics, linguistics, business management, criminology, law, ecology and urban planning. Furthermore, it reflects on the implications for policymakers. The volume is a vital tool for anyone conducting research on diversity and an inspiration for practitioners in the field of diversity management and policy implementation. This book has emerged out of the collaborative Network of Excellence (noe) project funded by the European Commission, designed to strengthen excellence on 'Sustainable Development in a Diverse World' (sus.div). The Network comprises 32 Institutes from Europe and beyond. It integrates European research capabilities across disciplines and countries to provide society and polity with tools for managing cultural diversity as a key element in sustainable development. This volume has emerged out of a collaborative Network of Excellence (NoE) project funded by the European Commission. The NoE is designed to strengthen excellence on 'Sustainable Development in a Diverse World'. It integrates European research capabilities across disciplines and countries to provide society and polity with tools for managing cultural diversity as a key element of sustainable development. The Network comprises 32 institutes from Europe and beyond. It has lead to a growing realization that scholars and practitioners need to be aware of each other's intellectual inspiration when approaching the relationship between cultural diversity and sustainable development."--Publisher's website.
- 9789085550440 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 19555566