Echoes of Chongqing [electronic resource] : women in wartime China / Danke Li.
- Li, Danke, 1953-
- Urbana : University of Illinois Press, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- x, 215 p. : ill., map ; 23 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction: History, women, and China's war of resistance against Japan -- pt. 1. The war and gender's social roles -- Prologue -- Students -- A Xiajiang woman -- A doctor's wife -- A girl of the ZZEB -- A teacher of the ZZEB -- A woman from a rich and powerful family -- Women from poor peasant families -- pt. 2. The war and gender's economic impact -- Prologue -- Daughters -- A tailor's wife -- An abandoned housewife -- A Minsheng employee -- A Yuhua textile factory worker -- A woman of the Songji Experimental Zone -- pt. 3. The war and gender's political impact -- Prologue -- A Communist woman working for the XYCZFZW -- A student revolutionary -- A Jiuguohui woman -- An underground CCP member -- pt. 4. Women, memory, and China's war of resistance against Japan -- Epilogue.
- Sino-Japanese War, 1937-1945—Women
- Sino-Japanese War, 1937-1945—China—Chongqing
- Women—China—Chongqing—History—20th century
- Oral history—China—Chongqing
- Chongqing (China)—Biography
- Chongqing (China)—History, Military—20th century
- Chongqing (China)—Social conditions—20th century
- 9780252034893 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780252076749 (paper : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19557610