Educating film-makers [electronic resource] : past, present and future / by Duncan Petrie and Rod Stoneman
- Petrie, Duncan J., 1963-
- Bristol, UK ; Chicago : Intellect, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- x, 369 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Stoneman, Rod
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Pt. 1. The development of film schools in Europe and North America -- Continental film schools : a brief history of the 'national conservatoire" -- American university film schools : a changing relationship with Hollywood -- pt. 2. British film schools -- The 'official' state institution : the national film and television school -- The private institution : the London film school -- The art school : the Royal College of Art -- Beyond London : the struggle for a Scottish film school -- pt. 3. Provocations -- Prologue -- The culture industry -- The academic and the creative -- The ethics of the sign -- The theories we need -- Digital examination -- Towards a different future.
- 9781783201853 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 322-339) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19558386