Empire's wake [electronic resource] : postcolonial Irish writing and the politics of modern literary form / Mark Quigley
- Quigley, Mark
- New York : Fordham University Press, 2013.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 250 p. ; 24 cm.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Introduction. Rerouting Irish modernism: postcolonial aesthetics and the imperative of cosmopolitanism -- Modernity's edge: speaking silence on the blaskets -- Seán O'Faoláin and the end of republican realism -- Unnaming the subject: Samuel Beckett and postcolonial absence -- Postmodern blaguardry: Frank McCourt, the celtic tiger, and the ashes of history -- Conclusion. Dispatches from the modernist frontier: European and Asiatic papers.
- 9780823245444 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 229-237) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19560023