Employee surveys that work [electronic resource] : improving design, use, and organizational impact / Alec Levenson
- Levenson, Alec Robert, 1966-
- San Francisco : Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc., 
- First Edition.
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 138 pages ; 22 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Machine generated contents note: Preface -- Chapter 1: Be clear about the purpose of the survey -- Chapter 2: Good survey practices -- Chapter 3: Match the measurement to the processes, roles and teams -- Chapter 4: Composite indexes and the pitfalls of simplicity (with a specific application to measuring employee engagement) -- Chapter 5: What to Focus on? Survey measurements as a means to an end vs. an end into and of themselves -- Chapter 6: The Survey as Confessional: confidentiality, anonymity, and the power of matching survey responses to other organizational data -- Chapter 7: Doing the analysis: Make the best use of internal and external expertise -- Chapter 8: Compared to What? Benchmarking internally vs. externally -- Chapter 9: Reporting and taking action.
- " Employee Surveys That Work offers groundbreaking ways to make employee surveys more useful, accurate, and effective. It is meant as a reference to enable better design and use of results, countering a number of unhelpful but common practices that have arisen as company-wide annual employee surveys have become commonplace. Designed to stand on its own as a guide to conducting company-wide annual employee surveys, it reviews the basics of employee surveys (with references provided for readers who want more details on specific points about basic survey design and implementation) and presents new insights regarding the challenges and benefits of annual company-wide employee surveys"-- and "Alec Levenson's immensely practical guide shows every organization that uses employee surveys or is considering using them how to make them more effective, valuable, and reliable--and how to make better use of them"--
- 9781626561199 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 125-128) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19560094