Exchange rate analysis in support of IMF surveillance [electronic resource] : a collection of empirical studies / Carlo Cottarelli ... [et al.], editors
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Commodity currencies and the real exchange rate / Paul Cashin, Luis F. Céspedes, and Ratna Sahay -- Exchange rates and trade balance adjustment in emerging market economies / Atish Ghosh ... [et al.] -- Aid volatility and macroeconomic policies / Alessandro Prati and Thierry Tressel -- Exchange rate pass-through in the euro area / Hamid Faruqee -- Estimation of the equilibrium real exchange rate for South Africa / Ronald MacDonald and Luca Antonio Ricci -- France, Germany, Italy, and Spain: explaining differences in external sector performance among large euro area countries / Céline Allard ... [et al.] -- Maintaining competitiveness in the global economy / Catriona Purfield -- Modeling the real exchange rates in WAEMU and CEMAC / Yasser Abdih and Charalambos Tsangarides -- To peg or not to peg: a template for assessing the nobler / Aasim M. Husain -- Exits from heavily managed exchange rate regimes: how good has the going been? / Enrica Detragiache, Ashoka Mody, and Eisuke Okada -- Long-run determinants of exchange rate regimes: a simple sensitivity analysis / Grace Juhn and Paolo Mauro.
- Exchange rate analysis lies at the center of the IMF's surveillance mandate and policy advice, as well as in the design of IMF-supported programs, and IMF staff are called upon to analyze a variety of exchange rate issues in various member countries, both small and large, from the least economically developed to the most advanced, and from those whose currencies circulate only locally to those whose currencies are of global importance. This book provides a sample of the topics the IMF staff typically examine under the broad rubric of exchange rate analysis, encompassing several topics: determination and impact of the real exchange rate, assessing competitiveness and the equilibrium real exchange rate in specific countries or country groups, and considerations in the choice of exchange rate regime.--Publisher's description.
- 9781589067288 and 1589067282
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 19564163