Fabric for Fashion [electronic resource]: A Comprehensive Guide to Natural Fibres
- Hallett, Steve
- Corporate Author:
- Chronicle Books Staff
- London : Laurence King Publishing Sept. 2010 Boston : Hachette Book Group [Distributor]
- Physical Description:
- 208 p. ill 11.000 x 08.500 in.
- Additional Creators:
Laurence King Publishing Limited Staff
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Annotation Fashion is a three-dimensional design practice: clothes need to work with bodies that bend and stretch and move. A flat drawing on paper can replicate a body in two dimensions, but it doesnt take into account the way the fabric will behave on the body. In the fashion industry it is often the fabrics that come first and the design is determined by how the fabrics work, move, feel and look. The most successful fashion designers are those who understand their materials, who match design skill with technical knowledge. This book aims to bridge that gap. Providing a mix of practical information and the industry vocabulary, this easily navigable reference book will help students gain a clear understanding of how to work with fabrics as an integral component of the fashion design process. The book will visually examine generic fabric types, discuss their characteristics and show how to exploit materials to push the boundaries of design. With stunning colour photographs that show how fashion designers, both past and present, have worked with fabrics, the books prime objective is to stimulate creative exploration of the relationship of fabrics to fashion.
185669612X (Trade Paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Trade Laurence King Publishing
View MARC record | catkey: 19564946