Sir John Stainer
- Stainer, John, 1840-1901
- Uniform Title:
- Vocal music. Selections
- London, England : Decca, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file).
- Additional Creators:
- Lewis, Richard, 1914-1990, Brannigan, Owen, Runnett, Brian, 1935-1970, White, Peter, 1924-, Guest, George, 1924-2002, Farnes, Richard, Cleobury, Stephen, Stainer, John, 1840-1901, St. John's College (University of Cambridge). Choir, and King's College (University of Cambridge). Choir
- The Crucifixion (1:02:21) -- Come, thou long-expected Jesus (1:51) -- I saw the Lord (7:22) -- Love divine, all loves excelling (2:37).
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- 1st work a cantata; 2nd, 4th works are hymns; 3rd work an anthem.
Previously released respectively in 1959, 1962, 1964, and 1986.
Editions recorded: Novello & Co.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Richard Lewis, tenor ; Owen Branniigan, bass (1st work) ; Brian Runnett (1st-2nd works), Peter White (3rd work), Richard Farnes (4th work), organists ; The Choir of St. John's College, Cambridge (1st-3rd works), Choir of King's College, Cambridge (4th work) ; George Guest (1st-3rd works), Stephen Cleobury (4th work), conductors.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded 1958, 1961, 1963, and 1985 Cambridge.
View MARC record | catkey: 19566296