Handbook of gerontology research methods : understanding successful aging / edited by Leigh Riby
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2017.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 251 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Riby, Leigh
- Research methods in developmental psychology: a handbook series
- Machine generated contents note: SECTION I Introduction -- 1.Understanding successful ageing, key challenges and research methods / L. Jonathon -- SECTION II Lifestyle factors and psychological functioning -- 2.Physical and cognitive exercise in ageing / Patrick -- 3.Nutrition, health and the ageing process / Andrew -- 4.Stress, coping and resilience in an ageing population / Ana -- 5.The dual continua model of mental health and illness: theory, findings, and applications in psychogerontology / Gerben -- 6.Successful ageing in the workplace: a resources-oriented intervention perspective / Debora -- 7.Ageing and retirement behaviour / Gwenith -- SECTION III Less successful ageing -- 8.The frontal ageing hypothesis: evidence from normal ageing and dementia / Simon -- 9.Examining cognitive function in type 2 diabetes: the importance of an inclusive research approach / Michael -- 10.Alzheimer's disease: interaction of lifestyle factors and traumatic head injury / Jonathan -- SECTION IV Novel interventions for dementia -- 11.The effect of music therapy for people with dementia / Monique -- 12.Poetry as a means of (re) creating satisfying levels of personhood and social integration for people diagnosed with dementia: method, discussion and outcomes / Ioana -- SECTION V End of life -- 13.Death, dying and bereavement in old age: working towards a `good death' for elderly individuals / Michael.
- 9781138779037 hardcover ; alkaline paper, 1138779032 hardcover ; alkaline paper, 9781138779068 paperback ; alkaline paper, and 1138779067 paperback ; alkaline paper
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19568033