Early English poetic culture and meter : the influence of G. R. Russom / edited By M. J. Toswell and Lindy Brady
- Festschriften, occasional papers, and lectures ; Volume XXV
- Thomas R. Cable: Foreword -- Lindy Brady and M. J. Toswell: Introduction -- Jun Terasawa: Secg Betsta and égn Betstan: a reconsideration of the short verses in Beowulf -- R. D. Fulk: Particle verses in Old English and Eddic poetry -- Daniel Donoghue: Old English verse punctuation and linguistic theory -- Lindy Brady: Boars and the Geats in Beowulf -- Megan Hartman: New applications for word-foot theory -- Haruko Momma: The Old English metrical psalms: practice and theory of translation -- J. Toswell: Polyptoton in Old English texts -- T. A. Bredehoft, Confessio et oratio: an unrecognized Old English confessional poem -- Eric Weiskott: Alliterative meter after 1450: the vision of William Banastre -- G. R. Russom: Publications.
- "This volume develops Geoffrey Richard Russom's contributions to early English metre and style, including his fundamental reworkings and rethinkings of accepted and oft-repeated mantras."--
- 9781580442428 (paperbound : alk. paper), 1580442420 (paperbound : alk. paper), 9781580442435 (eISBN), and 1580442439 (eISBN)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 19568789