SME Funding [electronic resource] : The Role of Shadow Banking and Alternative Funding Options / by Gianluca Oricchio, Andrea Crovetto, Sergio Lugaresi, Stefano Fontana
- Oricchio, Gianluca, 1968-
- London : Palgrave Macmillan UK : Imprint: Palgrave Macmillan, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- XIX, 259 pages 75 illustrations, 47 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Crovetto, Andrea, Lugaresi, Sergio, Fontana, S. (Stefano), and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1) Banking Crisis and SME Credit Risk Assessment; Gianluca Oricchio -- 2) SMEs in Europe: An Overview; Stefano Fontana -- 3) European SMEs Funding Through Securitisation: An Introduction; Stefano Fontana -- 4) Corporate and SME Credit Rating Models; Gianluca Oricchio -- 5) SME Credit Rating Models: A New Approach; Gianluca Oricchio -- 6) Restarting the Credit Engine in Europe; Sergio Lugaresi -- 7) Alternative Funding Options: E-Platforms; Andrea Crovetto -- 8) The EPIC Case Study; Andrea Crovetto. .
- This book explores current financing options for small and medium size enterprises (SMEs), with particular insight into the European market. The authors position SME funding within a risk-averse lending environment with high regulatory costs on business loans, which has arisen from the recent financial crisis and new European bank capital regulations. Chapters in the book demonstrate how and why SMEs may be forced to leave the market and posit that shadow banking and other alternative funding options are viable channels for raising funds. A new and innovative SME credit risk model is also presented. This book will appeal to all who share an interest in sustainable solutions to issues in SME financing.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 19568988