Advances in Chinese Brand Management [electronic resource] / edited by John M. T. Balmer, Weifeng Chen
- London : Palgrave Macmillan UK : Imprint: Palgrave Macmillan, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- X, 354 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Balmer, John M. T., Chen, Weifeng, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Section 1: Introdution (Balmer JMT and Chen WF) -- Section 2: China’s Brands and Corporate Brand Communications in China: In Context -- Balmer, JMT. and Chen, W. 'China’s brands, China’s brand development strategies and corporate brand communications in China' -- Section 3: Corporate Heritage Brands in China -- Balmer, John MT, and Weifeng Chen.) "Corporate heritage brands in China. Consumer engagement with China’s most celebrated corporate heritage brand–Tong Ren Tang: 同仁堂." -- Schroeder, Jonathan, Janet Borgerson, and Zhiyan Wu. "A brand culture approach to Chinese cultural heritage brands." -- Section 4: Luxury Brands in China -- Heine, Klaus, and Michel Gutsatz. "Luxury brand building in China: Eight case studies and eight lessons learned." -- Peng. N and Chen, AH “Consumer perspectives of cultural branding: The case of Burberry in Taiwan -- Section 5: Managing the brand name and logo -- Dong, L. C. and Helms, M.M. Brand name translation model: A case analysis of US brands in china -- Schmitt, Bernd, and Shi Zhang."Selecting the right brand name: An examination of tacit and explicit linguistic knowledge in name translations." -- Chen, T. Ma K, Zheng, C and Wang H “The effects of sub-brands and brand name structure on extension evaluation: An empirical study based on Chinese culture” -- Section 6: Brand Building in China -- Sun, Qin, and Audhesh Paswan. "Country branding through Olympic Games.” -- Na, and Fang Wan. "A configurational perspective of branding capabilities development in emerging economies: The case of the Chinese cellular phone industry." -- Tang Y-C. Liou F_M, and Peng S-y B2B brand extension to the B2C market—The case of the ICT industry in Taiwan -- Section 7: Brand Buying Behaviour in China -- Lin, Z., and He, X. The images of foreign versus domestic retailer brands in China: A model of corporate brand image and store image -- Yu, C., and Bastin, M. Hedonic shopping value and impulse buying behavior in transitional economies: A symbiosis in the mainland china marketplace -- Bian, X., and Veloutsou, C. Consumers' attitudes regarding non-deceptive counterfeit brands in the UK and China.
- This book includes a fascinating range of up-to-date articles on China from the Journal of Brand Management that marshal research and scholarship undertaken by Chinese, British, European and American scholars. The development and management of brands in China has emerged as an area of considerable and growing interest among branding scholars and practitioners owing to the rise and significance of brands within China. Providing an overview of the development and management of brands in China, Advances in Chinese Brand Management also contains case studies of centuries old and greatly loved Chinese Corporate heritage brands luxury brands, prominent cultural brands and foreign brands in China.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 19569017